MEDITATII ENGLEZA

The Golden Retriever are very friendly I heard.Very good with kids especially, no? Bur why your companion in your office? It isn't boring for him to stay so many hours inside?
So, is your company international? With whom are you emailing?
For what kind of machines is your company making gear-boxes? It is in Bucharest?
Unfortunately I don't know anybody from the Trade section of ASE. And yes, good times in a way.Maybe because I was young.
Aemulus
Postat pe 28 Martie 2009 08:15
Hey Ilsi,
How are you? I didn't hear from you lately, are you OK?
Would you mind to correct me and Fluffy?
How are your girls doing?
You know, Laura who opened this topic opened another one where she wants to learn Italian.
Some people can never stop learning....
Aemulus
Postat pe 1 Aprilie 2009 05:46
Hi, Micabis! I was sick lately(fever, cough,sour throat,etc.) and even so I went to school, because I had to organize a national contest in March and I had to be there every single day.
My eldest daughter had her 18 years birthday party on Sunday.
About Laura: I think there are a lot of people opening topics around here, but only for the sake of wasting their time and other people's time, or just only to laugh at them. There's nothing serious about. They maybe think they are very smart if they can open a topic where they have nothing to say.
And yes, I can correct some of your mistakes, not because I'm perfect, because I can also have mistakes, but because you asked me to. One of them are the inversion in questions: e.g. "Is it...?" instead of"It is...?"
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 1 Aprilie 2009 22:19
Ilsi , I don't think that peoples opening topics for wasting time ! Sometimes it's interesting to change opininios with others that you know only reading their thinkings . It's another perception.
So , i hope you accept me on your class...
blanca
Postat pe 1 Aprilie 2009 22:39
OK, Mielutza, I accept your opinions too. I like good thinking, but I can't tolerate irreverence and self-sufficiency taken for intelligence. I like to communicate, not to argue with people as I've seen is "in fashion" around here. Sometimes I answer to some challenges and then I blame myself for wasting my time discussing with rude people whom chat goes nowhere.
Pay attention:"people" is never used in a plural form.
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 2 Aprilie 2009 18:05
Hello Ilzi,
You are so right in everything you say.
Most of the people here are lonely persons who like to spend time "socializing" in virtual.I am probably one of them too.
They come here to give out their ..... fulfillment...or un-fulfillment from their life.
I don't think is a waist on time to open a new topic even if you don't stock to it.Somebody else might do it as well.Look at us here while Laura is out and opening new ones.

Mielutza, here is not an English class, is just a free conversation spot but in English.You are welcome as everybody else.
Aemulus
Postat pe 3 Aprilie 2009 18:53
Was I tired or what? I found 3 mistakes in one single sentence:
"I don't think is a waste of time to open a new topic even if you don't stick to it."

Ilzi, how many more do I have?
Aemulus
Postat pe 4 Aprilie 2009 08:54
Just one more left:"I don't think it is a..."
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 5 Aprilie 2009 00:34
And yes, Micabis, you're right in everything you said. I can understand better how things are indeed.
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 5 Aprilie 2009 00:39
I have some jokes for you ladies.I sure hope you will enjoy it!

KIDS IN CHURCH

3-year-old Reese:

"Our Father, Who does art in heaven,

Harold is His name.

Amen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little boy was overheard praying:

"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it.

I'm having a real good time like I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the christening of his baby brother in church,

Jason sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car.

His father asked him three times what was wrong.

Finally, the boy replied,

"That preacher said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home,

and I wanted to stay with you guys."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One particular four-year-old prayed,

"And forgive us our trash baskets

as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they

were on the way to church service,

"And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?"

One bright little girl replied,

"Because people are sleeping."

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin 5, and Ryan 3.

The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake.

Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson.

"If Jesus were sitting here, He would say,

'Let my brother have the first pancake, I can wait.'

Kevin turned to his younger brother and said,

"Ryan, you be Jesus!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A father was at the beach with his children

when the four-year-old son ran up to him,

grabbed his hand, and led him to the shore

where a seagull lay dead in the sand

"Daddy, what happened to him?" the son asked.

"He died and went to Heaven," the Dad replied.

The boy thought a moment and then asked,

"Why did God throw him back down?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A wife invited some people to dinner.

At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said,

"Would you like to say the blessing?"

"I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied.

"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered.

The daughter bowed her head and said,

"Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

Aemulus
Postat pe 5 Aprilie 2009 19:15
I've enjoyed so much your jokes, micabis!
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 5 Aprilie 2009 19:34
Did you do your homework,micabis?
Sorry, but you could better say:"I hope you'll enjoy them"(about the jokes. Pay attention to the plural form!)
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 6 Aprilie 2009 22:49
Obviously I didn't do my homework.Unfortunately I don't pay attention to some details that is why I beg you to correct me.
Thank you so much!
Aemulus
Postat pe 7 Aprilie 2009 00:34
You're welcome, my dear!
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 7 Aprilie 2009 21:45
Hello, everybody!
Are you all as tired as I am lately?
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 9 Aprilie 2009 20:35
Hello everybody,
Wishing you all a happy Easter with peace and good health.
God be with you now and for ever!
Aemulus
Postat pe 15 Aprilie 2009 05:26
Happy Easter! May God bless you with peace and happiness forever!
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 16 Aprilie 2009 23:57
Hello my friends,
Did you have a nice and blessed Easter?
Mine was very nice and quiet.
I didn't here from you Ilsi lately, so I had to check your profile in order to find this topic.I always forget where is it.
Well, talk to you later.
Aemulus
Postat pe 23 Aprilie 2009 22:54
Hi, my dear Mica!
As I'm the only one talking to you on this topic lately I must tell you that I had also a nice and blessed Easter. I had a 10 days holiday and I could rest a lot. That's why you didn't "hear of" me lately.
But tell me something: I was wondering is there your sweet little boy in the picture with the basket full of painted eggs?
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 23 Aprilie 2009 23:05
Hehehe, no, is not my little boy with the basket.It is just a picture from internet.
Now, tell me why is not wright to say "hear from you".I was 100% sure is OK to say "from you" and not "of you" for this specific sentence.
So you had a deserving vacation.Good for you!
Now you are back to work with your pupils?
You didn't tell me what nationality are you.If is secret, it is OK.
Aemulus
Postat pe 23 Aprilie 2009 23:15
I'm Romanian, my dear. Only my name is German(my mum's idea).
I wasn't quite sure if it is "hear from you' or "for you" and I looked up in the dictionary. But sorry, it is right(not wright) also "from you"("hearing from you") and I found also "about". I can make also mistakes. It's human, Ok?
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 24 Aprilie 2009 22:40
hello, hello, ladies...may I join you from time to time????and ilsa, please...don't pay attention to the sick people who only want to trouble you in your soul....oups...I have to correct my grammar mistakes, to be sure that I don't get a 4 at my first english lesson...and it's quite all right to make mistakes..most of us, humans, do, but there are few who realise that they are done that mistake..ok...have a good night....don't let the bugs bite....sweet dreams and a nice weekend...
tutankhamon
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 00:09
Anytime, anybody.The more the better in other words.
Aemulus
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 03:24
De la: sora_ilsi, la data 2009-03-01 22:34:50Good evening, ladies!
In English " Good day" means the end of a conversation when you don't want to continue it.
The greetings are : Good morning! Good afternoon! Good night! Hello! Hi! and Good night! only when you live in the same house with the person you want to wish a good night and "Sleep well" or "Sweet dreams!", but if you leave you say " Good-bye", or simply "Bye". Let fun begin (or start)!
When will you tell us about the wedding, our dear micabis?

Finally someone that puts some light on "good day", is a sort of false friend for the Romanians, but still transmitted. I also have a personal grunge against the "sharap" thet kids hear on TV and still use after years of study, while the correct use of "shut up" is so sweet to my ears!!!!!!

Great idea, we all write in English, and then if a mistake, either in spelling or grammar is made someone will corect it and if possible explain the correct form. So, be careful with the spelling for all those that know some English and for the advanced ones will be a topic open for discussions.
dunare
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 07:26
De la: tutankhamon, la data 2009-04-25 00:09:10hello, hello, ladies...may I join you from time to time????and ilsa, please...don't pay attention to the sick people who only want to trouble you in your soul....oups...I have to correct my grammar mistakes, to be sure that I don't get a 4 at my first english lesson...and it's quite all right to make mistakes..most of us, humans, do, but there are few who realise that they are done that mistake..ok...have a good night....don't let the bugs bite....sweet dreams and a nice weekend...

the idea of this topic is that we have some fun while chatting, not to have a teacher - student relation, right? we comment our mistakes tht we all do sometimes, by using English, thus learning more....also, where are all those that wanted to learn English, l somehow think they got scared.....hey, all levels of English should find some questions...that is the challenge, right? for those that post hurtful/evil comments , a piece of advice: the internet is full of forums the allow any kind of language use and "witty comments", would you mind joining them there?; we are here to chat among friends and skip the distance that separates us. although it would be wonderful to chat about this from time to time around a coffee and a cake....l joined the topics, all that read us and want to say smth nice and intelligent in English , or just have to clarify a grammar subject are welcome, ok?
dunare
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 07:51
How interesting dear Dunare.I am from Galati myself.
What a small world.

I am still confused about the "good day" expression and even if I know you that you are right, it still doesn't come straight in my mind.

Should we talk about weather, or books, or movies? I don't know, somebody give a suggestion please.
Aemulus
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 17:47
dear micabis...personally I didn't hear that two british people or americans or other people speaking Enghlish greet each-other when they meet with "good day"...I'll promise to watch more carefully in the movies to see if this expresion is used when two people meet....usually is hello, how are u, how do u do.....(sorry...I'm talking more an american language, than a british one).....from the movies i saw that when two people fight or they want to say good bye they say "good day" in a terrifiant tone....good day...and baaam the door...or in the expression...have a nice day....i promise to watch more carefully.....
tutankhamon
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 22:26
Welcome, Tut! I'm Ilzi. Glad to meet you here!Thanks for your nice words!
"How do you do" is used only when you meet someone for the first time. Is that correct, Dunare? Welcome to you too!
sora_ilsi
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 22:47
hy ilzi...sorry if I called u a wrong name...how do you do is used frequently(?) in great britain...in England....is like in romanian...ce mai faci????....is a common greeting...like in the states "hi"..or "hello"....
tutankhamon
Postat pe 25 Aprilie 2009 23:02
Good Day and Good night are polite forms of greeting and parting.
Lately are used rather for parting, yes, I know, and occasionally for very formal meetings instead of another greeting.
Actually, "good day" is seldom used, being replaced with "good morning" or "good afternoon" it depends on the moment.
You can not here "good day" as a greeting in movies but I heard it in conferences and political meetings.
You all are right and I apologize for my pertinent comment.

Have a good day!
Aemulus
Postat pe 26 Aprilie 2009 03:15

Recomandari

Subiect Mesaje Ultimul Mesaj
radio erevan 2 De la: Ridhima 22 Ianuarie 2009 21:55
IERTARE... 21 De la: Roxxynela 16 Aprilie 2009 22:33
concurs 5 De la: tutankhamon 20 Mai 2009 01:29
Vrei sa cumperi online produse cosmetice? 1 De la: didina48 12 Mai 2009 14:25
Concurs Papucei 18-27 mai 2009 392 De la: garbo024856 11 Iulie 2009 23:22
Setari Cookie-uri